This is how it'll look like:
Here's what the toast will look like:
STEP 1 - GET TIME TIL CHRISTMAS
- Create a task and call it Time Til Christmas
- Add an AutoTools Time action
- Set Time Span Between Dates -> Start Date to Now
- Set Time Span Between Dates -> End Date to the next Christmas date
- In Fields to Get enable the following options: Days, Hours, Minutes, Months, Seconds, Weeks
- Accept and go back to Tasker
STEP 2 - SAY HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT TIL CHRISTMAS
- Add a Say action
- Set the Text to There's still %atdatesmonths months, %atdatesweeks weeks, %atdatesdays days, %atdateshours hours, %atdatesminutes minutes and %atdatesseconds seconds to go til Christmas!
- Go back to the task
STEP 3 - ALSO GET TOTAL DAYS
Total days will give you the total amount of days. So, for example, if the timespan is 3 months, total days may return something like 91.
- Edit the AutoTools Time action
- Add the Total Days field to the Fields to Get
STEP 4 - CREATE CHRISTMAS TOAST
- Add a new AutoTools Toast action
- Set Text to <b>%atdatestotaldays</b> days to go!
- Enable the Use HTML option
- Set the Text Color to Red
- Set the Text Size to 20
- Set the Font File to this. Download to your Android device first.
- Set the Background Color to Green
- Set the Gravity to Top Right
- Set the Icon to this.
- Set the Icon Size to 50
- Enable the Long option
STEP 5 - SET ICON AND ADD TO HOME SCREEN
- Set the task's icon to the gingerbread man
- Add the task to your home screen
STEP 6 - TEST
If you now touch the shortcut it'll start by saying how much time is left and then show you the total number of days left in a "beautiful" Christmas toast.
Say and show the time til Christmas with a handy home screen shortcut
Have your phone say the time til Christmas out loud and show a appropriately formatted toast