In this tutorial you're going to learn how to create a web page that allows you to send an SMS with a one-click link.
It'll look something like this:
You'll need Tasker and AutoTools.
STEP 1 - CREATE WEB PAGE
This link uses the special autotoolscommand prefix which will be intercepted by AutoTools when clicked on an Android device.
- Create an html file
- In it create an a element that links to autotoolscommand://sendsms=:=31545131=:=Hello!
- Upload that page to a server somewhere that can serve html files.
STEP 2 - USE COMMAND IN TASKER
Notice how the filter matches the beginning of the command used on the page above
- Create a new profile with the AutoApps Command condition
- Set the Command Filter to sendsms=:=
These will correspond to the 2 parts after =:= in the command. More info here.
- Set the variable names to number,text
- Accept and create a task
STEP 3 - SEND SMS
- Add a Send SMS action
- Set Number to %number
- Set Message to %text
- Back out of Tasker to save
If you now navigate to the page on your phone with AutoTools installed, it'll send an SMS when you click the link as seen in the demo above!
As a bonus, you can now send the same command from any AutoApp (AutoNotification, AutoWear, AutoRemote, Join, etc) and it'll also work!