STEP 1 - CREATE AUTOVOICE PROFILE AND TASK
- Create new profile
- Select Event->plugin->AutoVoice Recognized
- In the command filter write "Send route info to my wife"
- Accept the settings and create a new task
STEP 2 - ADD WAIT
Since we're using this voice command from Google Search, this will give it enough time to close and go back to Google Maps so that AutoInput can get the text that's on the screen
- Add a "Wait" Tasker action a with 3 second wait time
STEP 3 - AUTOINPUT UI QUERY
Variable Setup will allow you to easily assign screen text in an app to certain Tasker variables. In this example you're going to assign the current route info to the variable %routeinfo
- Add "AutoInput UI Query" action
- Select "Variable Setup"
STEP 4 - PREPARE GOOGLE MAP
You're preparing google maps in a way that AutoInput can "look" at the screen and find where the route info is so it can assign it to a variable
- Open Google Maps
- Set any destination and start navigation mode so that the route info is visible on screen
STEP 5 - CREATE %ROUTEINFO VARIABLE
You can write the name of the variable any way you want. AutoInput will make it Tasker compatible for you, i.e. remove any spaces and make it lowercase
- Pull down on the notification bar
- Touch the "Accept" button
- Go back to Tasker by clicking it in the recent apps list
- In the AutoInput screen, select the text that contains the route info
- Write a name for the variable.
- Accept settings and go back to Tasker
STEP 6 - MAKE SURE VARIABLE IS FILLED
- Add a "Flash" action with the text %routeinfo
- Add a "Say" action with the text "Sending %routeinfo"
STEP 7 - TEST IT
Make sure you have "Ok Google" enabled to work in any screen. If you don't have this option you can start voice recognition by swiping up on the "Home" button
- Open Google maps again
- Say "Ok Google"
- Say "send route info to my wife"
- AutoInput will look at your screen, find the route info and create a flash and will say it out loud
- For more information, check out the AutoInput category page.