STEP 1 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
- Open Tasker
- Within a new Project, create a new Profile
- Choose State and then Plugin
- Select AutoVoice Recognized from the list of plugins
STEP 2 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
In most cases, you will need to ensure Event Behavior is checked whenever working with AutoVoice
- Edit the Configuration by clicking the Pencil icon
- Check Event Behavior
STEP 3 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
- Scroll down and select Command Filter
- The first part of the Command Filter will be your command. Inside the angle bracket, you will define the name of the command set. Your commands follow, separated by pipes.
Use your own values here for custom voice commands. In this example a scene can be triggered with the words run, start, execute or activate.
STEP 4 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
- Continue setting the Command Filter, now adding the Scene command. The value within the angle brackets will pass along to the relative Task.
- Together, your Command Filter should look like this: (?<command>run|start|execute|activate)(?<scene>.+)
- Press OK to accept your Command Filter
- Scroll down to Use RegEx and check the box to enable Regex pattern matching
- Press Back/Accept to return to the State Edit Screen
STEP 5 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
Tasks assigned to specific profiles do not need to be named, however once named, it will appear in the list of Tasks within that Project
- Press Back again to return to the Profile screen, and you will be prompted to choose a Task
- Select New Task from the top of the list and optionally name your Task
- You should now have an empty Task screen, ready to add your first Task
- Add a new Action to your Task. Choose Plugin from the menu of Actions then choose AutoVera Scenes from the menu of Plugins
STEP 6 - CREATE AUTOVOICE RECOGNITION PROFILE
Since we are pulling the Scene Name dynamically by voice, you will no be selecting a device in this step.
- Edit the configuration of your AutoVera Scene Action
- Select your Vera
- Select the Advanced Screen
- In the Scene Name field, input %scene
- Press Back to return to the Action Edit screen.
- Press Back again and then exit Tasker completely.
STEP 7 - CREATE AN AUTOVOICE RECOGNIZE SHORCUT
The process for adding shortcuts to your homescreen differs based on your launcher.
- Press and Hold and empty space on your home screen
- Select Shortcuts, then choose Recognize
- Adjust default settings as necessary, and accept changes.
- Done! Test your profile by pressing the Recognition icon and speaking your command and scene name.