AutoWear 4 Button Screen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by rolaron, Jul 7, 2015.

1. rolaron

rolaron New Member

Hello to all of you,
    I'm totally new to Tasker an AutoApps....
    But I want to automate everything in my house and optimize my phone and my wear step by step (which i got yesterday) So I'm hyped to do so.... But I came up with a problem, and need your help :S

I created a task who controll my call volume and give me the option to end a call from the watch...
    The commands work great, but i can't come up with a great solution for the 4 button screen, which will refresh after pushing any button.
    I choose an if-statement which will repeat itself until i end the call.... but to get it work the 4 button screen must be inside the statement, and so it refresh everytime I clicked a button....

Is there any way to make it more elegant? :)

2. Javier

Javier New Member

Why do you need to continually refresh?

3. rolaron

rolaron New Member

No no, I don't want to refresh anything.
    The Problem is that the Screen refreshes after every button pusehd, because it is within an if-statement.
    So after i pushed the volume up button for exmaple the screen fands in again, because the if-statement restart itself....
    Isn't there a way to make it ... i would say "more dynamic" so if i push a button on the screen it will stay an just do the command... :S

4. Javier

Javier New Member

I still do not understand why you are having it refresh or why you need to recreate the screen in the if statement. Please post the description of the task by long clicking the task>menu>export>description to clipboard, then paste the description in this topic so we can see what you are doing.

5. rolaron

rolaron New Member

Sorry for the confusion :(

Here's my task:

Wear Call Screen (3)
    A1: In-Call Volume [ Level:4 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%CALLVOLUME To:4 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A3: If [ %awmessage neq end ]
    A4: AutoWear 4 Screen [ Configuration:Icon Right: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_phone_missed
    Tap Right: end
    Color Right: #FF000000
    Icon Bottom: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hl_zzz_solid_down
    Tap Bottom: down
    Color Bottom: #FFFFFFFF
    Icon Left: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_mic_muted
    Tap Left: mic
    Color3: #FF000000
    Icon Top: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hl_zzz_solid_up
    Tap Top: up
    Color Top: #FFFFFFFF
    Screen Mode: Turn on
    Animation: Slide from right
    Show Now: true
    Trigger Event: true
    Haptic Feedback: true
    Name: Call Screen Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear 4 Screen Timeout (Seconds):3600 ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%CALLVOLUME To:%CALLVOLUME - 1 Do Maths:On Append:Off ] If [ %awmessage ~ down ]
    A6: Variable Set [ Name:%CALLVOLUME To:%CALLVOLUME + 1 Do Maths:On Append:Off ] If [ %awmessage ~ up ]
    A7: In-Call Volume [ Level:1 Display:On Sound:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME ~ 1 ]
    A8: In-Call Volume [ Level:2 Display:On Sound:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME ~ 2 ]
    A9: In-Call Volume [ Level:3 Display:On Sound:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME ~ 3 ]
    A10: In-Call Volume [ Level:4 Display:On Sound:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME ~ 4 ]
    A11: In-Call Volume [ Level:5 Display:On Sound:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME ~ 5 ]
    A12: Variable Set [ Name:%CALLVOLUME To:5 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME > 5 ]
    A13: Variable Set [ Name:%CALLVOLUME To:1 Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %CALLVOLUME < 1 ]
    A14: Mic Mute [ Set:Toggle ] If [ %awmessage ~ mic ]
    A15: AutoWear Toast [ Configuration:Text: Mic toogled!
    Offset: 20
    Length: Short
    Background Color: #FFABABAB
    Show Now: true Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Toast Timeout (Seconds):3600 ] If [ %awmessage ~ mic ]
    A16: End If
    A17: If [ %awmessage ~ end ]
    A18: AutoWear Confirm Screen [ Configuration:Header: Ending Call...
    Cancel Message: Cancel
    Wait: 3
    Ok Command: ok
    Cancel Command: cancel
    Button Image: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_phone_missed
    Screen Mode: Keep on
    Animation: Slide from right
    Show Now: true
    Trigger Event: true
    Haptic Feedback: true
    Name: End Call Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Confirm Screen Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A19: End Call If [ %awmessage ~ ok ]
    A20: AutoWear App [ Configuration:Execute Now: true
    Name: App
    AutoWear Elements: Delete All
    AutoWear Element Id: Call End Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear App Timeout (Seconds):20 ] If [ %awmessage ~ ok ]
    A21: Stop [ With Error:Off Task: ] If [ %awmessage ~ ok ]
    A22: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:4 Label: ] If [ %awmessage ~ cancel ]
    A23: End If
    A24: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:4 Label: ]

If I put the screen outside the if statement statement, I can only perform one tap and the profile is off ....

6. Javier

Javier New Member

In order for this to work you would need a profile with the trigger "down"

In my opinion you should setup the four screen in a different task, with its own profile trigger (which I am assuming is call received). Then add a "Command prefix" to all the actions on the four screen.

Have this command prefix as the profile trigger to trigger the task you have now (less the four screen) instead of using %awmessage as the received variable you would use %awcomm

Edit: Also you can "show" the four screen without recreating it every time, this will speed up reaction time on the watch.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@rolaron I suggest you try out the examples here so you can check how to do commands easily

Hope this helps!