Additional Tasker for Device Refresh for AutoVera

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by TomTcom, Aug 15, 2015.

1. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hey Joao,

From previous posts, I'm looking for you to have AutoVera be able to use the manual tapping of device refresh as a Tasker action.

When going to the plugin in Tasker and choosing AutoVera, I would like to request an option for refresh of all devices and a refresh of your Veras.

This will fix the WiFi port closing for GCM (port 5228) when a router's firmware doesn't have a keep alive option or any other options for advanced users. AV will then resend the GCM key and forces the port/connection to be alive again on the home WiFi router. I do not see these types of issues when connected to mobile 4G connection. As proved in many posts on the web (I can post links if you want), people can experience up to 15 minutes of delay for push notifications.

The apps such as PNF (push notification fixer) do not work. They are only sending an intent. The problem with those apps is there is no GCM key, no request to connect to GCM, and as a result it doesn't wake the connection up since no data is being transmitted.

In Tasker, I could set an interval at my choosing. I can see in AV logs that the GCM key is really only sent about once every 2 days.

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll add it to my todo list! Thanks again!

TomTcom likes this.
  3. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Thank you very much, highly appreciated.