AutoVera Aeon RGBW color control

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Zandros, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Zandros

Zandros New Member

Hello. Is there a way to set the color of an Aeon RGBW bulb (ZW098) in AutoVera? I do not see the option available in the services option (only: common device, power switch, and dimmable light).

I have also tried using the RGB Controller App on the Vera. If I add more than one RGB Controller device, each with a different color, the Vera seems unable to change the color merely by toggling (on/off) each RGB Controller device. I have also tried using a single RGB Controller device. Unfortunately, AutoVera does not seem to display the service for changing the color.

Are there any other possible workarounds to try?

Thank you.

2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

This happens because your dimmable light is category 2 and the RGB is subcategory 4 (click on the link below). If you inspect I_AutoVeral.xml from develop apps in UI7, you can see that subcategories are not defined and that's why RGB options don't come through.

Go here > http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

Attached Files:

3. Zandros

Zandros New Member

Thanks for your help, Tom.

Do you know if there are any workarounds? I am quite new to the process of developing new solutions. I attempted to change the subcategory, device_file, and device_json in the device advanced settings, but all that happened was the device disappeared. In UI5, I believe the bulb was treated as a regular dimmable bulb, so I was trying to get it back in that state. As a regular dimmable bulb, it seemed that the RGB Controller App would adjust by the Set Color action in AutoVera.

This all might be related to the RGB Controller App. Currently, the AutoVera Android App does not provide the option to set the Action as "Set Color," as it did when I was using UI5.

4. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hmm, tough to help without having experience with the device.

Maybe remove the subcategory from the UI7 variables only.

I wondered about adding variable watches into the implementation file myself.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

: Aeon, RGBW