AutoInput Alexa app monitoring problem

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ramas J., Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ramas J.

Ramas J. New Member

I don't know if this is right place to post. It looks like it is more Alexa app problem. I created task, which monitors Alexa app for voice commands on my Amazon Echo speaker. I leaving Alexa app on history screen running all the time on my spare android phone plugged into power outlet. Screen on app keeps screen always on. This is for autoinput ui query to work. I have infinite loop for Autoinput ui query to get %aitext of alexa history screen and compare with previous loop value. If value changes, I get voice command and act on it. All this works just fine, except after a while Alexa app stops updating or switches to home screen. It looks like it is sleeping. Any idea how to prevent this or get in tasker then alexa app is sleeping?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The app can only be read by AutoInput if it's in the foreground, sorry!

3. Ramas J.

Ramas J. New Member

Thanks for reply. I am big fan of all your work. Alexa app stays in foreground. By home screen, I ment Home tab of alexa app. It just stops updating, looks like it is sleeping. I tried different approach. I created autoinput ui query profile which activates after word home find in alexa ui and triggers task which switches alexa back to history screen using autoinput. I tested profile manually switching alexa to home tab. Every time profile would switch back to history tab as intended. I left phone with always screen on and alexa on history tab on charger. Came back after half hour to check. Screen was on with alexa on it showing home tab again. Profile didn't triger. I manually put alexa into background and brought it back to foreground from running apps drawer. Profile didn't triger. Then I killed alexa app and restarted it. Profile worked as intended. I don't know what else I can do. I want to use this to control my veralite automation thru autovera. Right now I have it setup thru autoremote and iftt, but this has delays and command limitations. Geting voice command straight from alexa history tab has no delay only I can't figure out how to overcome alexa app sleep issue. Remains one more option, to create alexa skill. But I do not like idea having to say additional command to wake up skill. Voice command becomes lengthy. Any sugestions?

4. Ramas J.

Ramas J. New Member

Thanks for reply. I am big fan of all your work. Alexa app stays in foreground. By home screen, I ment Home tab of alexa app. It just stopsupdating, looks like it issleeping. I tried differentapproach. I created autoinput ui query profile whichactivates after word homefind in alexa ui and triggers task which switches alexaback to history screen using autoinput. I tested profile manually switching alexa to home tab. Every time profile would switch back to history tab as intended. I left phone with always screen on and alexa on history tab oncharger. Came back after half hour to check. Screen was on with alexa on it showing home tab again. Profile didn't triger. I manually put alexa into background and brought it back to foreground from running apps drawer. Profile didn't triger. Then I killed alexa app and restarted it. Profile worked as intended. I don't know what else I can do. I want to use this to control my veralite automation thru autovera. Right now I have it setup thru autoremote and iftt, but this has delays and command limitations. Geting voice command straight from alexa history tab has no delay only I can't figure out how to overcome alexa app sleep issue. Remains one more option, to create alexa skill. But I do not like idea having to say additional command to wake up skill. Voice command becomes lengthy. Any sugestions?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member