AutoVoice Alexa + Autovoice + Lockscreen?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by lechuck, May 31, 2017.

1. lechuck

lechuck New Member

Hey there,
    i am using the autovoice with and for alexa and i must say its amazing! thanks for this, now the BUT... :)
    on my oneplus one (CM14.1) i am not able to execute commands when the phone is "locked" or with "display off". i checked the internet for reasons and found the "doze" function in android 6+. i tried the workarounds posted everywhere but none of these helped. (excluded tasker and its plugins from the battery optimization thingy, enabled "repeatable alarms" in tasker). as soon as the display goes off, autovoice doesnt recognize any commands. i have to turn the phone on and once i did that the task will be executed. this only affects autovoice tasks. normal tasker profiles work without problems while the phone is locked.
    so, can i solve this problem on my side somehow or is it an autovoice issue? havent seen many comments about this tho. :/

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Is your device rooted? Maybe it has a third-party app that's blocking AutoVoice or Google Play Services from receiving push messages when the screen is off?

3. lechuck

lechuck New Member

hey,
    my device is rooted. do you have any examples i can search for? right now i have no clue what could block these services from sending PNs.

4. joaomgcd

Maybe an app like greenify? Or an XPosed module?

5. lechuck

lechuck New Member

hmm unfortunately i have none of these or other potential candidates installed.

6. ChrisWithAutoApps

ChrisWithAutoApps New Member

I can confirm this also happens on my NOT-rooted Galaxy S7 Edge (SMG935V) running Android 7.0. Sample command may be: "Alexa, ask AutoVoice to disarm door sensors." Alexa will reply, "Ok, disarming front and rear door." The profile will run a task which consists of an AutoVera turn off command, and also a "say" task to confirm to me that the task is being fired. The "say" task fires but the AutoVera task does not fire.
    I haven't investigated fully, but this problem most often occurs while my phone is on my belt clip.
    Just some info . . .

7. joaomgcd

8. lechuck

lechuck New Member

i think i made a step forward, it has something to do with the wifi. i tested a simple autovoice command (say test to activate the display with a popup message). i left the phone alone for a few minutes, tried the command. it didnt react. after that i turned wifi off and used the mobile data connection. left it alone for the same time and tried the command again and it worked. i left it there even longer and it was still working. then i switched wifi on again. it seemed to work there as well now for a longer period but after some time it stopped again. i switched wifi off and on and it worked again, at least longer than before.
    somehow wifi tends to go into sleep mode it seems, because of reason i dont know. it is set to stay always on. so my current workaround is to reconnect wifi every 30 minutes with tasker. im not sure yet about the intervall needed for it but for now i go with these 30 minutes.

9. lechuck

lechuck New Member

its me again :)
    i figured that i dont have to toggle wifi all the time. a simple task to ping a server (your own or e.g google.com) is enough to keep wifi "awake". i set the interval to 25min because 30 didnt work in the end, so assume something is happening from min 30 on, because it didnt ping after min 30.

10. joaomgcd

Glad you found a workaround that works for you! :)

11. ChrisWithAutoApps

Thanks joaomgcd, I had looked at that thread earlier and checked my Google App version. The version on my phone (Version 7.0.13.21) is earlier than the version that started exhibiting the problems IanGrody reported. I will install the Google App version to the exact version that IanGrody advises to test.
    Also, I think my problem is more likely related to lechuck's ongoing problem, so I will test both options.
    Thanks to all
    Chris

12. ChrisWithAutoApps

lechuck,
    Semi newbie here. Did you use the tasker task run shell to ping a server? eg. Run Shell - Command "ping -c 2 www.google.com"
    Thanks,
    Chris

13. lechuck

lechuck New Member

Hey,
    ya i used the tasker run shell. but i also figured my phone (oneplus one) still has some wifi issues with tasker and im still trying to figure out what exactly is the reason. it seems to work pretty well in the morning w/o any of the mentioned tweaks. my autovoice test command triggers all the time.during the day and/or when my TV is on (doesnt have to mean anything) the fun begins. Wifi lock apps, which keep your wifi alive, didnt help.

so ya, im half way back where i started lol. please let me know if you made any progress or if the ping/wifi on/off method solved your problem.

14. ChrisWithAutoApps

lechuck,
    No progress yet. After creating the ping wifi profile, the AutoVoice during sleep is still hit and miss. Due to time constraints (work), I haven't tested as deeply as you have been. I will let you know if I progress, or learn anything interesting.
    Chris