Amazon Music Search and Play

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by amatsu42, May 5, 2017.

1. amatsu42

amatsu42 New Member

Ultimately I want to be able to grab voice searches (playlist, album, etc.) and search and play Amazon Prime music while using Android Auto (plugged into an Accord Android Auto head unit), but for not I'm starting small. I am trying my hardest to avoid autoinput because I'm afraid that it won't work while plugged into Android auto (app locks my screen).

I was able to get a task working for Spotify using a playlist URL. Initiating the task would begin playing my spotify playlist. I wanted to try out the same task on Amazon, but I don't know what to fill in for the package. Moreover, the playlist URL from Amazon webplayer is an https:... link, not spotify:user:<user num>:playlist:<playlist hash>. As such, I can't search and play the Amazon direct link.

I was wondering if anyone has a working task that can search and play personal or top playlists so I can play around and try to get them to do what I want. Ultimately, I want to be able to have a single task that will pass my voice search but I'm happy using direct links for now.