AutoNotification AN intercepts cancelled even if set to intercept created

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by skribb, Mar 16, 2015.

1. skribb

skribb Member

AN intercepts cancelled even if set to intercept created

I have AN intercept my calendar notifications. If I have several notificatoins from the calendar, and I cancel one of them, AN will behave as if I have a new notification. I have chosen that AN should intercept only created notificiations, but when I cancel a notification from my calendar AN thinks there is a new notification ,which I have deduced from the fact that Tasker launches the task that I have in my AN notification created profile, which means that if I cancel a calendar notify while there are other calendar notifications in my notification pullout, Tasker will say "incoming task".

What could be the reason for AN intercepting cancelled as created?

2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

In your profile, do you have Action Type checked as "Created", Cancelled, or Both? I'm not an expert by any means and still struggling but figured I'd see if it helps you.

skribb likes this.
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe the calendar app is creating a new notification when you cancel the other? Can that be it?

skribb likes this.
  4. skribb

skribb Member

Thanks for replying!

Yes I definitely have 'created' as the action type. But I just discovered something... I tried another app that does the same thing as AN (called Notificaiton Listener) and it behaves in the same way. So perhaps the problem is android-centered.

Joao: well, i don't get any new notifications in the pullout when I swipe away a calendar noti, but do you mean there might be a "hidden" notification trigger or something that fires when a noti is swiped away, that AN intercepts as an actual notification?

What I have understood so far is that if there are more than one notification from the calendar, AN seems to "pick" them at random because I have Tasker send the notification text to my tablet (from phone) , and it isn't always the text from the newest notificatoin. Is there a way to specify that it must be the newest notification? Maybe matching %TIMES to the timestamp in the notificatoin?

TomTcom likes this.
  5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you maybe try this? in the task where you intercept the notification add a flash with the text "Calendar text: %antext" and see if it shows the same thing when it's created and cancelled. Also, can you try with other apps? Like hangouts for example. I know that it works correctly in hangouts. :)