Solved Android 8.0 Oreo seems to have broken things for me

Discussion in 'Join' started by Faethe, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Faethe

Faethe New Member

I updated to 8.0 today (t-mobile galaxy s7). I use Join to connect my windows 10 PC (using the chrome extension) and my phone and a note 12 tablet. Since the tablet wasn't updated, everything between chrome and the tablet is unchanged.

My phone, however, can no longer send anything to the PC. It can send to the tablet and ring it. It can send notes just fine to Chrome. But neither Chrome nor the tablet can send anything to my phone. And SMS isn't working for any of the 3 devices.

I turned on the services. I gave Join permission to notify. I tried both samsung messages and android messages and get the same behavior. Is it some permission I'm missing on the phone? I can't imagine Oreo just breaks Join forever. So it must be fixable on my end somewhere.

I've also tried force stopping, clearing both data and cache, uninstalling and reinstalling. The behavior remains the same and I'm out of ideas.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please try to use the Diagnostics tool on the Android app? How does that work? Thanks

3. Faethe

Faethe New Member

That worked! Thank you so much! The test said the device wasn't registered or some such thing, and then fixed itself.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Great :D