AutoVoice Android Auto: not supported on this device

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Michael Tie, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member

From https://joaoapps.com/autovoice-on-your-watch-and-in-your-car/ I understand that AutoVoice and Android Auto are working together, but I receive the message: 'AutoVoice is not supported on this device'.

My idea is to do a Whatsapp Voice call by pressing the microphone-button on my steering wheel. After 'Ok Google' I use some shortcuts like 'talk to Home' or 'talk to office' which launches Whatsapp, finds the Contact from my contact list, and calls using Whatsapp. (I am aware the Whatsapp Voice calls are not officially supported with Android Auto, but why not giving it a try and/or find some workaround ...)
    It's working on the phone, but when using with Android Auto it's not.
    When saying 'Ok Google' 'ask Autovoice' I receive the message 'AutoVoice is not supported on this device'.
    When saying 'Ok Google' 'talk to home' (which is a Routine in Google Assistant 'ask autovoice to call Home') nothing happens. But both approaches work fine if used without Android Auto.
    I tried the approach via 'send message to self' because I am unable to select AutoVoice as recipient of the message.

Details:
    Tasker Profile: 'Call Home': Autovoice Recognized for 'Call Home', 'Call Wife' ...
    Tasker Action: 'Call Home': Perform Task with 2 parameters 'exact contact name' and 'audio'
    Tasker Action: 'Whatsapp Call' from https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/6ztyt8/intents_for_whatsapp_call_and_telegram_call/

I am pretty new with Tasker and this is my first attempt to use Autovoice so it's likely that I did some stupid beginners-mistakes.
    Thank for your help!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Maybe you need to update your Android Auto app? The part that says that AutoVoice is not compatible is on Google's side, not on my side, so AutoVoice is not even interfering there when you see that...

3. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member

Android Auto is the latest version working fine.
    But the combination Android Auto and AutoVoice is not ...

4. joaomgcd

Yeah, sorry :( Really don't know what to tell you. AutoVoice doesn't control anything from what you're seeing... What language are you using exactly?

5. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member

Thanks! I am using English (singapore) ...
    Ok, do I have a address AutoVoice via 'note to self' or is 'Ask AutoVoice' ok?
    I my appraoch in general ok (i.e. should be working) or do you see some issues / potential problems?
    AndroidAuto is only working with specific applications, so for me it seems that AndroidAuto recognizes AutoVoice as a non-supported app.
    I will do some more test over the next few days, and maybe I am able to narrow down the issue...

6. joaomgcd

You should be able to say "Ask autovoice to".Can you please try changing the language to US English momentarily?

7. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member

I did some more test with language set to US-English - the result is the same ...
    Also Routines are no longer supported in Android Auto! When testing my routines I get the message: "Routines are not supported on this device"
    It seems Google made it this way app. 3 months ago!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  8. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member

9. Michael Tie

Michael Tie New Member