AutoInput App won't return aiid() or aitext()

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I am trying to start my vacuum cleaner in the Mi Home app but it doesn't return any values for the aiid or aitext values.
    I am assuming it's because the app is written in a format autoinput can't read? Like Java script or something?
    Any suggestions how i could click a certain button in the app? Other than the clicking at a certain location (coordinate) which works.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What does %aiapp return when you're inside that app and do the UI query? Thanks in advance

3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

"Mi Home" and package name returns "com.xiami.smarthome". All else is blank. On an S7 edge on android 7

I think my android box on android 5.1.1 returns values however. Let me get back to you.

4. Sleepy Smurf

Sleepy Smurf New Member

I'm having this same problem on an S7 in another app, it returns app name and package but wont return ids or text.
    Its driving me nuts trying to get a workaround

5. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I was trying this out on my s7 but the end plan was to get it all working on an android box I use for automation...
    Seemed to work OK on the Android box though, just not on my s7 which is why I created this post.

Not sure if it was because the box is on 5.1.1 (although I will update that to 7 soon so hopefully that doesn't bring the problem back) and the s7 on android 7.