AutoNotification Auto-notification cannot intercept when screen is off

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by AJ Shaikh, Jan 27, 2017.

1. AJ Shaikh

AJ Shaikh New Member

Hi,

I use AN to get K9 email info into Tasker and it works fine when phone display is On. However, with display OFF (when phone is locked) AN is able to intercept a new email arriving but does not populate its variables.

Anyway to fix this?

2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I have added a wake screen task to a few of my tasks for ensuring the led color would take effect. While different than what you are doing you could try it.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@AJ Shaikh AutoNotification should not work differently with the screen off or on. Maybe the notification is created differently? Or maybe multiple notifications are being created at the same time? Maybe check the AN logs to find out.

4. AJ Shaikh

AJ Shaikh New Member

Ive done some testing and found that AN works fine with screen off BUT lock-password disabled. If lock-password is enabled then AN is unable to populate its variables.
    Is this normal or should AN still be able to read notifications with lock-password enabled?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it should be able to read notifications in all situations.. :/ That's very weird. Is that maybe some ROM specific stuff on your phone?

6. AJ Shaikh

AJ Shaikh New Member

my bad, all is well, thanks.

: Notification