AutoBT

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by skavan, Jul 22, 2018.

1. skavan

skavan New Member

Hi,
    I have searched everywhere to find an App that can read BT SPP (Serial) communication and then trigger an event.
    Your Arduino App is close, but is hardwired to the Arduino.
    What I would love to see and pay for (and it would be a unique app), is an App that:
    1. Select BT SPP Capable Profile.
    2. Connect to BT.
    3. Select Hex or Ascii for RX/TX protocol.

Then, create a list of:
    a) Hex Bytes
    b) String
    c) Regex
    and for each entry in the list, update a variable.

This variable can then trigger a task.

So, for example, an IPOD connector in cars, sends the following bytes when the steering wheen Next Track is pressed:
    FF 55 06 02 00 08 00 00 00 F0
    Connecting the RX/TX and TX pins to an HC-05 BT module, allows this data to be received by an Android App.
    With a little bit of work to your Arduino module, this inbound string, could trigger a task that sends a Next Command to the current Android Media Player (i.e. Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Spotify etc...).
    To complete the project, a second bluetooth audio receiver feeds its analog out to the Audio In pins of the Ipod connector...and hey presto, an Android phone can connect to an IPOD interface.
    I have all of this working except the steering wheel controls.

This would also be usable to trigger events based on any BT SPP received data, such as pressing the pause button on a BT headset.

To extend the RX processing, it would be even more cool to have a Latch/Fire mechanism - such that:
    IF
    FF 55 06 02 00 08 00 00 00 F0
    is received, enter Latch Mode and Await:
    When
    FF 55 06 02 00 00 00 00 00 F8
    is received, FIRE (trigger event).
    Timeout: 100ms.

This would give even more power to the system.
    This same plugin could potentially be used with USB and other data streams.

What do you think?

s.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I'll be honest: that's such a niche use case that I really don't have the time to go into it... Sorry! Really wish I had more time on my hands!

: App, Bluetooth