AutoCast Feature?

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by bmello777, Dec 16, 2018.

1. bmello777

bmello777 Member

So, I have a multiple monitor setup (3 Monitors) and a Chromecast hooked into another HDMI input on my 3rd monitor

This TV/3rd monitor is also CEC enabled, so when I chromecast a video to it, it will automatically change inputs. However, when the inputs are changed, I cannot see my 3rd monitor anymore. Enter DisplayFusion.

If you have more than 1 monitor and haven't heard of DisplayFusion, go download it now and thank me later!

With this app, I can use tasker to automatically change my 3 Monitor setup to a 2 monitor setup. The problem is the trigger.

I tried something similar w/ AutoNotification intercept. Any time I'd get a notification of casting from any device to matching variable: %subtext (youtube), I could simply run a task (w/ the DisplayFusion Remote App for android), to change my monitor setup to a 2 monitor setup I previously set up.

This works when Chromecasting from any mobile device, just not Chrome browser. I thought there was a way for AutoCast to display that information in a notification (or variables) when Chromecasting on any device. Am I wrong about this? Have I worded this request correctly. I'm finding it hard to explain what exactly I want...