AutoCast AutoCast turns tv on with YouTube playlist only once

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Nicolás Alonso, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Nicolás Alonso

Nicolás Alonso New Member

Hello!
    First of all I would like to thank the developer for this plugin. The problem I'm having is that the playlist is sent by AutoCast only once. This means that once the TV is turned off, it is in a state where it can not be re-sent.
    In my office the electricity is cut at 8 pm, so I have to automate somehow that every time the tablet is connected to the WiFi network in the morning, send the playlist. As far as I could get the contexts work fine, I tried with the AutoCast app task stopping and starting the service but nothing happens. It only works when I have the WiFi turned on, I press the AutoCast Casting Service notification, I turn off the WiFi and I turn it on again. If the notification is not pressed, turning the WiFi on again will not turn the TV on again. It's something really screwed up, but I do not finish solving it and I know I'm close.
    In addition I need to know some tasks so that the playlist is looped constantly, that is to say, that when you reach the last video, you return to the first one again.
    Thank you very much. I hope you can help me!

2. Nicolás Alonso

I have 1 context: WiFi [name] connected > AutoCast Best Guess (with YouTube playlist URL; input task) and then I've set AutoCast App with stop as the output task but it doesn't worked... I tried everything. Where am I failing?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, can you clarify? What part exactly isn't working? when you stop the service AutoCast doesn't stop casting at all? Thanks!

4. Nicolás Alonso

Sorry, it's a bit complicated to explain...

The aim is to turn the TV on with a YouTube playlist everyday in the morning when an specific WiFi is connected. Why this context? Because here in my office the electricity is cut off at 8 pm. I think with this plugin I can automate these things!

So I prepared this context which is not difficult. Then I have set the input task as AutoCast Best Guess with the YouTube playlist URL.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I tried this Tasker profile so I deactivating/activating the WiFi for the first time. Everything works fine, the profile is active and AutoCast starts the task with the service but the TV doesn't turn on with the playlist... I pressed the notification "AutoCast Casting Service...", then deactivate/activate again the WiFi for the second time, the profile is active again and the AutoCast task send the playlist and this time the TV is ON with CEC and running the YouTube playlist. "Right" I thought "now the TV will turn on everytime I activate this profile". So for the third time, I turn the TV off, deactivate/activate WiFi (profile is active again), AutoCast is still working as the notification doesn't dissapear, and the task is sent but nothing happens.

I tried using the task AutoCast App stopping the service as output and in another profile with same context (invert). Nothing worked...

So I'm totally confused how to prepare this automation, ha! Maybe you can guide me with the proper tasks.

I have to turn the TV on everyday in the morning when the WiFi is connected (so the electricity is ON) and send this YouTube playlist URL turning ON the TV with CEC. Then I have to set another task for looping this playlist... But first I want to solve that first step :/

If still is confusing, I will try to make a video so you could understand much better what happens.

Thank you so much.

5. joaomgcd

Thank you, I think I get it now :)
    IIRC the TV will only turn on if a different cast app starts casting, so please, with the TV on, check if AutoCast correctly starts casting the first time you run the task in tasker. Maybe it doesn't start because you're still in the process of connecting to Wifi?
    If that's the case try to add a 5 second wait before the AutoCast action for example.

hope this hepls!

6. Nicolás Alonso

Well I take some pictures so you can see the config of tasker...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And I made this video so you can really understand what's going on here haha. You have to see, there is no way...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CM7lwtEmQLSGt4QlJKc0xtNlU

Thank you again!

Regards,

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. Nicolás Alonso

Hi! Could you see the video? The thing is I can press the push notification but it doesn't make sense... I think there is a way to make it work with an specific task that I can't find!

8. Nicolás Alonso

:(

Nicolás Alonso

9. joaomgcd

Sorry for the delay, had a really busy last few days.
    When it doesn't turn on the TV, can you please try turning it on yourself and see if the chromecast is casting in the background by any chance? thanks!

10. Nicolás Alonso

Yes, I turn the TV again and the videos are still running, so deactivating wifi doesn't affect what happen in the TV.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Nicolás Alonso

11. Nicolás Alonso

I just solved the loop problem using iframe API and sending a web page! It works perfectly.

I only need that trick so the casting can activate and deactivate based on the wifi connection... sooo close

Nicolás Alonso

12. joaomgcd

Sorry, I don't understand what the final issue is, can you please clarify? thanks in advance!

13. Nicolás Alonso

Sorry I mentioned above that I have to loop the video as another issue. Nothing related with the topic, my bad.

The final issue is to resolve how to stop the cast, so I see that the video is running on the background. The task to stop casting is not working as an output task neither in the context with no wifi connection. So, how can I stop the casting without pushing the notification?

Thanks!

Nicolás Alonso

14. joaomgcd

When you lose wifi connection it will already be too late for AutoCast to be able to stop casting because it's not connected to the network anymore, sorry, there's nothing I can do about that one :( You have to use the AutoCast App action in Tasker to stop the casting before you disconnect from the network somehow.

15. Nicolás Alonso

Right, but I tried that task as output task and it didn't work, I think in that moment it's connected. I will try setting the stop by hour time. Thanks!

Nicolás Alonso

16. joaomgcd

Ok, let me know thanks!

17. Nicolás Alonso

Hi! I think this finally will work... I will let you know and mark this as solved. You rock!

Nicolás Alonso

18. joaomgcd

Great :D That's awesome!