AutoInput AutoInput activity visibility / background?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TonyG, Nov 6, 2018.

1. TonyG

TonyG New Member

When AutoInput opens an app, drills into screens, clicks controls, etc, the entire operation is displayed in real time like the user is performing the actions. It can take several seconds for an entire task to complete. I'd like to do everything in the background, or just cover up the activity. Not only would this be more elegant but it would eliminate the possibility of the user accidentally interfering with the operations.

I recognize the paradox: AutoInput is clicking on stuff ... it must be in the foreground. So one approach: I've tried to dim the screen down just to discourage activity, then to brighten back to the original brightness when done. It would be better to turn the screen off but I'm not rooted. For this I'll next consider running Java code as described here.

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

As you say, the app really does need to be in the foreground for AutoInput to be able to click on stuff :)

3. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Maybe... can we do anything to wrap task execution in a transaction? For example, while executing a series of AutoInput actions a phone call came in and the auto clicks answered the call rather than doing the intended function. Then when the task saw the state was still incorrect it re-executed steps and handling the call was very difficult. If we could get Tasker to tell the device not to do other things, except for its own tasks, then AutoInput should have a better chance of finding the right controls to click on so that the task can be completed. Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can restrict the app clicking to the app you know you're going to click?