AutoInput AutoInput blocking clicks in any App

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by silverfizz, Mar 5, 2019.

1. silverfizz

silverfizz New Member

I tried creating single task that would open minimalized app and just click simple option in any app, but the click - in fact ANY option won't work in ANY app. It's all fine if I Easy Setup the coords for the icon to click, or if I manually type coords with the usage of Pointer Localisation from Dev options.

The task looks like this:
    1. Wait 4s
    2. AutoInput Action, Type: Point, Value: my X and Y coords, Action: Click
    3. Wait 6s
    4. Same AutoInput Action with coords on the specific button to click
    Then i press Play, switch to home screen, then it auto clicks the App icon, and that's preety much it - no clicks, no any actions in the App.

Phone is not rooted. I also tried adding shell commands "input tap", but it would only click anything within the Tasker App (with wrong coords too), but it won't click anything after I switch to homescreen.
    It's kinda suspicious, since preety much every YouTube AutoInput video shows that it's working in most Apps, without root, with the exact same commands.

// also, UI Query won't show any variables ID in any app

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. silverfizz

silverfizz New Member

farma (5)
    A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:4 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Point
    Value: 109,537
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:6 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Point
    Value: 354,816
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

I already have App running in the background, so i press play in macro, quickly swap to screen with the correct APP -> Tasker starts the App, and then nothing happens after 6s. I tried changing coords a few times, cause even when using coords from Developers menu it sometimes bugs out, like it would click completely other App.

//phone is Redmi 3S Android 6.0.1

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  4. silverfizz

silverfizz New Member

Welp, guess from what I was reading, Android 6.0.1 might cause the problem. Found custom 8.0, I'll notice if it would work with this.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  5. silverfizz

silverfizz New Member

Custom 8.1 was a mistake, got stuck after boot. Got back to 6.0.1 with clean ROM - still same situation. Is it the 6.0.1 that causes this issue? I legit cant make any AutoInput action outside of the main screen, just nothing happens.

6. silverfizz

silverfizz New Member

I decided to root the device using SuperSU to try out shell input commands. It was working, but the App i needed macro for popped error. So I've searched an alternative - MagiskSU that has systemless root with hide root option - It's working perfectly fine, without any App error (well, so far, after 1 hour). So I guess 6.0.1 has problems with overlay.

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad that you found a solution!