AutoInput AutoInput Errors

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Nic Windley, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Nic Windley

Nic Windley New Member

Hello,

Can somebody shine some light on this as there seems to be some confusion about what conditions certain Tasker functions / AutoInput triggers will operate correctly.

I have a stock (not rooted) Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'd like to switch between Power saving modes at specific times, however I can't seem to get this working.

My device has a screen lock which activates after a specific time. Tasker is running in the foreground to avoid being killed / optimsed by the system.

The task wakes the device, launches the power saving app, invokes AutoInput to swich power saving mode ON or OFF and then emulates/triggers the back button event to force the device to update with the new power saving mode.

The task works fine when the screen lock is not activated / device is not sleeping.

However, once the device screen lock is active and then sleeps and I wait for Task to trigger it fails to execute and I'm seeing the following errors appear;

#ActionArgBundle: warning AutoInput Global Action: extra key not found in bundle:RecentFieldlds (correct spelling)
    #ActionArgBundle: warning AutoInput Global Action: extra key not found in bundle:ActionTimeout
    #ActionArgBundle: warning AutoInput Global Action: extra key not found in bundle:FieldsToGet

a) Should this in theory work on the device as described - i.e. it does not have to be rooted
    b) Is the task correctly defined - or does it need further work
    b) If the task is ok, would app optimisation be causing the AutoInput plugin to fail
    c) If the task is not ok, how would I modify it to get it working on my device

Thanks all for reading this and considering your responses. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I've started pulling my hair out!

Nic

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

AutoInput needs your screen to be on to be able to click on stuff so you need to turn it on. If you don't have lock screen security you can do so with the "Unlock Screen" AutoInput action in Tasker. If you do have security then unfortunately AutoInput won't be able to unlock your screen. Sorry!

3. Nic Windley

Nic Windley New Member

Ah. Ok, then I'd need to find another way to trigger the power saving mode. Thanks for the reply.