AutoInput AutoInput possibilities

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by GranadaDude, Jan 15, 2020.

1. GranadaDude

GranadaDude New Member

Hello Everybody,

I'm completely new to this matter, and if someone could give me som guidelines...

What I'm searching for ?

When I get a call from one fixed number, that my phone recognizes this number and that the phone autoreplies with a hastag, and then breaks of the call. The call will end itself, but if possible, that I can work with some time delays in between the steps (answering the call, wait 1 second, enter # as code, following 1s delay and then hang up)

I want to check if it's possible to automate a challenge that's initiated from Microsoft regarding VPN access, thus creating an automated task.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi, sorry but I don't understand what you need. What's "automate a challenge" exactly?

3. GranadaDude

GranadaDude New Member

Hi joaomgcd,

When working with Cisco AnyConnect VPN, two factor authentication in done based on Azure AD by calling back to a cell phone. Once the preconditions have been met and the username/password are verified and confirmed, the platform will automatically call me on my cell phone. I then need to answer it and confirm with hashtag (#) and then this information goes back.

The challenge is the mecanisme where Microsoft calls me, I have to reply within a determined time frame and send back the hashtag. That way the 'challenge' is checked.

In order to check what the VPN does, I have a test lab. Here we want a test pc to automatically call in to the VPN. The smartphone part is to answer it automatically.

Example why this test setup is important to me is in case of eg windows updates, where the pc restarts, but doesn't have any active vpn connection anymore.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh I see! Does maybe the Keyboard action in Tasker help with that? :) Try simply pressing the # key with that action and see if it works...