AutoInput AutoInput with Google Keep labels

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Destroy666, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Destroy666

Destroy666 New Member

I'm tryng to create a task that takes label text as param and clicks on it. I launch the app and click on the menu, which works, but now I'm stuck because even though "easy setup" suggests the elements with the label text, clicking or long clicking on it in Tasker action does nothing. No error, just nothing happens. If I configure AutoInput to click on Nth item on the list, it works.

What does that mean? That the item can be found but not clicked? Why? Can I do something to fix it?

EDIT: I did more testing today wth no changes and it worked randomly from time to time, like 1 out of 5 tries. Seems really inconsistent. I tried adding waits between actions yesterday with no success whatsoever, let me try today now that it started to work sometimes.

EDIT 2: waits don't seem to have any effect, it still works as randomly. Also, I noticed that even more rarely I instead get unexpected clicks on other stuff on the screen, for example other labels, maybe like 1 out of 30 tries.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. Destroy666

Destroy666 New Member

Code (Text):
    Say important Google Keep notes (86)
            <Open app>
            A1: Launch App [ Package/App Name:Notatki Keep Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:Off ]
            <Click menu button>
            A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Stored Action: Google Keep - menu - click Timeout (Seconds):30 ]
            <Click on label>
            A3: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
        Value: Important
        Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):30 ]
    Added content of .autoinput file for stored action, not sure if that being stored matters:
    Code (Text):
    {"appPackage":"com.google.android.keep","elementText":"Otwórz panel nawigacji","actionCode":16,"listPosition":0,"order":0,"fieldType":"0","isTaskerAction":false,"s":false,"id":"a27e0a66-ba64-40e0-ac9f-14fb1c0ab682","name":"Google Keep - menu - click"}
    Can't upload .autoinput files in the forum BTW.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  4. joaomgcd

Thank you. And are you sure that the text Otwórz panel nawigacji exists on the screen when AutoInput tries to click it?

5. Destroy666

Destroy666 New Member

No, this was added automatically by AutoInput when I used the automatic setup, I selected ID. But like I mentioned the menu always opens, this is not the problematic part. The problematic part is clicking on note labels/tags like "Important", which seems to work randomly, only one of few clicks is correct, one of even fewer clicks is incorrect (e.g. another label is clicked) and most of the time nothing happens.

6. joaomgcd

Oh I see, sorry for misinterpreting.

But the "Important" text is always present there and is visible when AutoInput tries to click it?
    What happens sometimes is that AutoInput clicks on something too fast and the app doesn't know how to react that fast.
    Have you tried adding a 1 second wait between A2 and A3?

7. Destroy666

Destroy666 New Member

Unfortunately waits aren't it. But lack of delays wouldn't explain clicking on wrong things, I think. I'll try last time with something like 10 seconds to completely eliminate that.

"Important" label is always there, even shown on the screen.

EDIT: no, even 10 seconds result in the same behavior. I have a theory that some notes with text in the background may collide, I'll test that quickly

EDIT2: that was it, even though the other "Important"s aren't really in foreground, they collide and cause a really weird random behavior. Doesn't AutoInput choose the 1st one in such cases? Or what does it do?

Anyways, Nearby Text of "Labels" (which is in menu) in my language fixed it. I wish Nearby Text was yet another condition though, e.g. not sure why you can't choose an element with X ID and Y Text in Manual Setup, that would probably also fix it and in a more reliable way. And I need to use manual setup because the label is supposed to be a variable in the end, so Easy Setup doesn't work

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020