AutoNotification AutoNotification and Timesheet

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bmello777, Nov 8, 2016.

1. bmello777

bmello777 Member

Timesheet is an app I use for work. It's a simple time tracker app that I use w/ Tasker to Clock-In/Out (w/ AutoInput) and send a txt w/ a time stamp to my boss (w/ Tasker)

Using AutoNotification, I am able to intercept the Timesheet notification and create a new notification w/ better options, which work great.

One thing that I do like about the Timesheet notification is that in place of the usual date or time (top right corner of notification) is a running clock that indicates how long I have been "clocked-in" for.

It seems as though I am unable to intercept this w/ AutoNotification. Is this possible w/ AutoNotification?

I am running Android 6.0.1 on my Motorola G (4th Gen) - unrooted

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you show me a screenshot of that notification? Thanks in advance!

3. bmello777

bmello777 Member

Here ya go. Still figuring this amazing plugin out, so apologies if it's something simple.

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

5. bmello777

bmello777 Member

Thank you, joao!
    I am able to get the data, but it is a running clock, so every second, it updates.
    Attached, is a screenshot of both notifications (original and my custom AN)
    I've added the %anwhentime variable to the Content Info and Subtext sections of my custom AutoNotification.
    I'm aware that I need to convert from milliseconds, and perhaps I'll use the AutoTools Math function instead of through Tasker, but this variable stays the same.
    If AN can't update the variable every second, it's really not a big deal b/c for every hour I work, the app updates the notification. I was just wondering if it was possible or I was missing something in the config.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time add this feature!

Attached Files:

6. joaomgcd

You should be able to get the correct time difference with the AutoTools Time action, right? :) And yeah, I suspect the original notification will only update once an hour.

Hope this helps!