AutoNotification AutoNotification Cannot Intercept Tasker Notifications

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Tim Conner, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Tim Conner

Tim Conner New Member

I don't seem to be able to intercept notifications generated from a Tasker Notify task. Even if I have the "Intercept All" option checked. I have verified that it is not in my "Ignore Apps" list. Any time a Tasker task generates a notification it does not fire the Tasker event profile I have configured and it does not show in AutoNotification's log.

I am using the native Tasker Notify task for this specific use case because I am rapid firing the notifications and using AutoNotification for this consumes twice the CPU. I need AutoNotification to intercept the canceled event.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, AutoNotification will not intercept Tasker notifications, sorry. I thought you could react to those notifications in Tasker itself? Can you not?

3. Tim Conner

Tim Conner New Member

Thanks for the quick response. Tasker only has the option to react to when notifications are created or clicked, but not canceled/dismissed.

I found another plug-in that can do it, but I don't really like the idea of running two notification listeners as I use AutoNotification for other tasks. Also, AutoNotification provides much more granular control of what notifications are intercepted.

4. joaomgcd

5. Tim Conner

Tim Conner New Member

I don't seem to be able to install it. I receive an error saying "There was a problem parsing the package" immediately after clicking on the apk file. I tried downloading over both WiFi and cellular.

6. joaomgcd

7. Tim Conner

Tim Conner New Member

Thanks so much! That works really well. Really appreciate you taking the time to implement this.

8. joaomgcd

Awesome :)