AutoNotification AutoNotification Crashes

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by MikeW, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MikeW

MikeW Member

I have an AN profile and task set up that monitors for a navigation notification from Google Maps and scrapes the ETA information to display it on my screen. After it's been running for a period of time (say, about an hour; although it seems to be variable) I'll get a pop-up that says that AutoNotification has stopped.

After that, of course, I stop getting updates. My question is: when that happens is there a way for my to restart the service without rebooting?

Currently, the profile is set with a 40 second cooldown to keep it from firing too often, but I would be fine with just doing away with the profile and using an AN query action triggered once a minute via a the Android TIME_TICK intent, if that would be any more stable.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

Do you get any notification stating what the crash was about?

Thanks in advance

3. MikeW

MikeW Member

Unfortunately, it only ever happens when I've been running my Digital Dash system for awhile, which means it always occurs when I'm going down the road at highway speeds and I've never been able to read the alert before it disappears.

I did notice that after the last time, I had to re-enable Notification Access, but I'm not sure that happens every time.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you. I'll try tracking it down.

5. MikeW

MikeW Member

I'll see if I can force an error at home and will provide more information if I can get it.