AutoNotification AutoNotificationQuery gets stale data

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Huw Jeffries, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Huw Jeffries

Huw Jeffries New Member

Hi There,

Using the AutoNotification plugin for Tasker, I've set up a very simple Task:
    1. AutoNotifications Query (limited to a few apps such as Facebook and WhatsApp)
    2. Flash %antitle()
    3. Wait 10 seconds
    4. GoTo 1

Given I have notifications showing for my chosen apps, when I run these set of steps in Tasker it flashes up the notification titles every 10 seconds as expected.

Problem: When I dismiss a notification (either from within my chosen app, or by swiping right in the notifications bar) it's title continues to show every 10 seconds. I'd expect the dismissed notification's title to disappear from the list shown. It looks like AutoNotificationQuery is getting stale data each time round the loop. If I stop the task and start it again using the Stop / Play buttons in Tasker, then it works as expected and the dismissed notification has disappeared from the list of titles. Is there something I need to do to get fresh data back from the AutoNotification Query every time round the loop?

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that the %antitle() array is not cleared after each loop so its value is stored until new values come and overwrite it :) Use the Array Clear action between each loop and it should work.