AutoRemote AutoRemote "degradation" after few hours

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by riki, Jun 4, 2017.

1. riki

riki New Member

Hi Joao and all,
    I purchased AutoRemote to build an automated control on my conditioning system. I have one Samsung Galaxy S2 as the home controller and a Huawei Mate 7 as my personal device.
    I set the system to send a temperature/status update from S2 to M7 every 30 mins. While the S2 seems not to have any problem and sends message regularly, the M7 shows problems after few hours of usage. It's like the phone is not receiving messages or receiving them with huge delay.
    During the first trial, the M7 stopped receiving messages after 6-8 hours of usage. After 2 days of zero message received I had to uninstall/reinstall. After this operation, everything went fine for about 6-8 hours, then again I had 4 hours delay (and then messages delivered all in once) and I expect the worsening of the situation.
    I installed PMF on both devices, as well as I put the apps in the whitelist to avoid battery savings.
    Have you already seen such behavior? Is there any known problem with Huawei devices?
    I have both tasker and AR logs available for both phones.
    Thank you so much!!!!
    Riccardo

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

It seems that maybe a third-party app might be killing AutoRemote or Google Play Services in the background on your M7. Can you please check? Thanks!

3. riki

riki New Member

thanks for your answer Joao!! anyway, I checked my (non-rooted) Huawei device and there is nothing that is currently blocking the AutoRemote app... I put it in the "battery savings whitelist" and I do not use ANY task kill software.
    my fear is that it's the Huawei stock ROM that in some whay is interfering with it... is there a way to automatically trigger the URL restoration every 2 days (maybe through Tasker task...) or a "whitelist" software that guarantees that an app is never stopped?
    thanks!!

4. joaomgcd

5. riki

riki New Member

I already read FAQs and installed PNF no-root everywhere.
    just a general suggestion, maybe you can plan and AutoRemote tasker Action to renew GCM/FCM registration (URL repair), so that it can be scheduled every X days. What is your opinion?

6. joaomgcd

The thing is, that shouldn't be needed. And it would put unnecessary stress on my servers. The problem when this occurs is that something on your system is killing something GCM related which will make the AutoRemote GCM token have to be reset. If you find out what that is, the issue will be fixed :)

7. riki

riki New Member

mmmhh you are right, anyway I really do not have any clue on what could be the "killer"...
    I noticed another thing. I'm using AutoRemote temperature every 30 minutes, and in the latest days the situation improved A LOT without any operation on my side. the messages are sent regularly every 30 minutes. but, if I try to query manually the information (sending a specific AR message), the answer reception rate is like 50%, even though on the home device the process is always the same. it's like a "routine" behavior: as long as the routine is the same ("send every 30 mins") everything seems fine, while something "unexpected" is not managed in the best way.
    I'm also looking into Join, to check whether I can reach better performances :)

8. joaomgcd

Join uses the same GCM mechanism, so in theory it should work the same way. Give it a try and let me know if anything's different, thanks!