AutoRemote Autoremote not working when screen is OFF

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by rod, Sep 10, 2016.

1. rod

rod New Member

Hi,

I use autoremote (commercial version) together with Tasker, but the issue is not with tasker, I can see that in the log.
    When I send a HTTP command to autoremote, it only works when the screen is ON.

When it is OFF, the server does not communicate with autoremote.
    The message is not lost, it is received once I switch on the screen.

TEST SENARIO:
    1) configure WIFI to NEVER sleep.
    2) switch off screen
    3) send HTTP command at 5.00pm
    4) wait 5mn.
    5) switch on screen
    6) check that WIFI is still on (I am still on the wifi configuration screen and I clearly see the wifi is not re-connecting, it was really ON all the time, only the screen was OFF)
    7) within 5sec the message I sent 5 mn before is displayed (by autoremote on the screen)
    8) I check the log, I can see the message arrived at 5.05pm, so immediately when I switched on the screen. and not at 5.00pm (as it would do if we run the same senario but with the screen ON))

So that means autoremote sleeps while the screen is OFF, even if the WIFI remained ON.

is there a means to have the application always working?
    it is on a tablet that I will put on a wall, and it will always be powered on, so any trick to do that will be good..
    Note that:
    + my tablet runs android 4.1.1. it is a LOGICOM E821
    + it is NOT rooted.

thanks,
    Rod

@all: please do not confuse everyone and the developper by talking about your issue in this thread except if it is the exact same error (ie if your issue is linked to bluetooth error messages or whatever please create your OWN thread!!!!! i know there is another thread similar to mine, but someone else put a lof of confusion to talk about his issue which is definetly not the same...)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

AutoRemote doesn't sleep when the screen is off actually. It's always sleeping unless it gets a message. :) It's actually woken by Google Play Services when that gets a push message, so it's Google Play Service's duty to wake up AutoRemote whenever needed.

Did you maybe block Google Play Services in some way on your device? Thanks in advance.