AutoTools Autotools Dialog does not work anymore on S10 with latest android version

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by nirmelamoud, Jan 3, 2020.

1. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

if I build a task with a dialog, any dialog (even existing tasks that worked before will stop working in thsin scenario)
    I Can run it from tasker, as many times as I want, until the point I'm trying to run it from a widget or a shortcut, from that point I can not run any task with a dialog, even from tasker directly.
    it either show me an error, or freeze tasker
    Even restart the phone does not solve it. (i.e the task will run until I run it from a widget again)

To temporarily solve (after I run it from a widget) I can go into tasker, click edit on one of the tasks dialog action, and save the configuration, from that point I can run any task with a dialog from tasker it will work until the next time I will try to run a task from a widget.

Another interesting fact, if I run task A from shortcut (froze of course), then enter tasker edit task B's (dialog item) and save , and then run from tasker task B, I will actually see task B's Dialog run on top of task A's Dialog (that was frozen before, now will appear) - strange right?

Need tasker developer to fix this bug ASAP, as all my tasks does not work anymore- and Im sure many others have the same issue, I checked with a friend who has S10+ as well, and he expiriance the exact same behavior.

here is the error :

10.51.07/Variables doreplresult: |{"commandSettings":{"commands":[],"longCommands":[]},"gridSettings":{"numColumns":"2"},"imageSettings":{"imageSize":"30","images":["%locations_icon()"],"imagesRound":true},"listType":"0","advancedSettings":{"closeOnSelect":true,"multipleSelect":false,"outputVariableName":"atcommand","separator":",","triggerEvent":false,"cancelable":true,"dialogOffsetX":"","dialogOffsetY":"","dialogWidth":"300","turnScreenOn":true},"backgroundSettings":{"backgroundImage":"%background","dimBackground":true},"dialogButtomButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"dialogTitleButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"icon":"android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.kyotuxaeonhd/network_offline_alt","textSettings":{"texts":["%locations_label()"],"textSize":"40","useHtml":false},"title":"Navigate To","titleAlignment":"1","generatedValues":{}}| -> |{"commandSettings":{"commands":[],"longCommands":[]},"gridSettings":{"numColumns":"2"},"imageSettings":{"imageSize":"30","images":["\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/home.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/work.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/rsm.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/ballet.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/karate.jpg,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/ninja.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/hebrew.jpg,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/north.jpg"],"imagesRound":true},"listType":"0","advancedSettings":{"closeOnSelect":true,"multipleSelect":false,"outputVariableName":"atcommand","separator":",","triggerEvent":false,"cancelable":true,"dialogOffsetX":"","dialogOffsetY":"","dialogWidth":"300","turnScreenOn":true},"backgroundSettings":{"backgroundImage":"\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/background.jpg","dimBackground":true},"dialogButtomButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"dialogTitleButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"icon":"android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.kyotuxaeonhd/network_offline_alt","textSettings":{"texts":["Home,Work,RSM,Ballet,Karate,Ninja,Shiri,N North"],"textSize":"40","useHtml":false},"title":"Navigate To","titleAlignment":"1","generatedValues":{}}|

10.51.07/ActionArgBundle AutoTools Dialog: parameters: {"commandSettings":{"commands":[],"longCommands":[]},"gridSettings":{"numColumns":"2"},"imageSettings":{"imageSize":"30","images":["%locations_icon()"],"imagesRound":true},"listType":"0","advancedSettings":{"closeOnSelect":true,"multipleSelect":false,"outputVariableName":"atcommand","separator":",","triggerEvent":false,"cancelable":true,"dialogOffsetX":"","dialogOffsetY":"","dialogWidth":"300","turnScreenOn":true},"backgroundSettings":{"backgroundImage":"%background","dimBackground":true},"dialogButtomButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"dialogTitleButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"icon":"android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.kyotuxaeonhd/network_offline_alt","textSettings":{"texts":["%locations_label()"],"textSize":"40","useHtml":false},"title":"Navigate To","titleAlignment":"1","generatedValues":{}} -> {"commandSettings":{"commands":[],"longCommands":[]},"gridSettings":{"numColumns":"2"},"imageSettings":{"imageSize":"30","images":["\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/home.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/work.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/rsm.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/ballet.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/karate.jpg,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/ninja.png,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/hebrew.jpg,\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/north.jpg"],"imagesRound":true},"listType":"0","advancedSettings":{"closeOnSelect":true,"multipleSelect":false,"outputVariableName":"atcommand","separator":",","triggerEvent":false,"cancelable":true,"dialogOffsetX":"","dialogOffsetY":"","dialogWidth":"300","turnScreenOn":true},"backgroundSettings":{"backgroundImage":"\/sdcard\/DCIM\/NavHelper\/background.jpg","dimBackground":true},"dialogButtomButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"dialogTitleButtons":{"buttonsBottomMargin":"16","buttonsTopMargin":"16","commands":[],"images":[],"sizes":[]},"icon":"android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.kyotuxaeonhd/network_offline_alt","textSettings":{"texts":["Home,Work,RSM,Ballet,Karate,Ninja,Shiri,N North"],"textSize":"40","useHtml":false},"title":"Navigate To","titleAlignment":"1","generatedValues":{}}

10.51.07/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoTools Dialog / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 7 bundle keys

10.51.07/E AutoTools Dialog: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire

10.51.07/E add wait type Plugin7 time 60

10.51.07/E add wait type Plugin7 done

10.51.07/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 7 result 3

10.51.07/E pending result code

10.51.07/E add wait task

10.52.08/E Error: null

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Did I maybe reply to this via email? In essence you should allow AutoTools to display over other apps. See if that works.

3. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

I got no email, welcome back :)
    It was working until few weeks ago, used daily, How do I give it additional permission?

4. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

5. joaomgcd

Sorry for the delay. What device do you have exactly?

6. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

Galaxy S10 plus (and my friend have the same phone), in both cases it started around the latest Samsung update

7. joaomgcd

Try going to Android Settings > Apps > menu > Special Access > Appear on Top > Enable AutoTools. Does that help?

8. nirmelamoud

nirmelamoud New Member

worked , thanks, it was on before, maybe the latest android update turned it off ?

9. joaomgcd

Could be! Glad it works!

: s10, dialog, bug