AutoVoice Autovoice and Google Now - a question

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by JimInWoodstock, Jun 24, 2015.

1. JimInWoodstock

JimInWoodstock New Member

I have autovoice working well with "OK Google", but I have some questions.
    The tasker task that is executed does an "flash" command as the first action when executed by the autovoice command.
    - Autovoice set up to use Google now.

Setup #1
    Enable = checked
    Always Cancel OK Google unchecked
    Alternative Method unchecked
    Only Voice checked

When I save OK Google and then get the "beep" and then speak my command, the google search displays and my command will take some time to execute. As much as 1 minute, although a more typical time of 30 seconds usually is the wait time. This is the time before I see the flash command display.
    If I say OK Google again, the wait time to execute the command is much less, usually 5-15 seconds.

Setup #2
    Enable = checked
    Always Cancel OK Google checked
    Alternative Method unchecked
    Only Voice checked

I say OK Google and I get the "beep" to say the command. Before I can say the command, I get the "double beep" canceling the OK google function. If I say OK Google again, I can say the command and the voice command is executed almost instantly (within a second).

So the questions are.... Is this behavior what I should expect?
    Can I do something to say OK Google and then say the voice command and have it executed quickly without having to say OK google twice? And lastly, If I don't enable Google Now integration, what do I trigger the voice command?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

My guess is this:
    - for Setup #1 in the first search your phone has to put more stuff into memory so it's slower. On the second search is faster because most stuff is already in memory. Do you have AutoVoice system or google now logs enabled? This could slow things down.

- for Setup #2, that is expected. If you always cancel google search, search will be cancelled right away. That is supposed to be used with the "Ok Google Now" condition in Tasker so that you can, for example, start AutoVoice Recognition with the "AutoVoice Recognize" TAsker action.

Hope this clarifies it!
    João