AutoVoice AutoVoice Continuous - record all into a variable?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Matt Burns, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Matt Burns

Matt Burns New Member

Hi,

I would like to record long messages to send through SMS or Whatsapp.

The problem I have is the Google voice recognition dialogue stops before I have finished dictating my message, so I'm looking at a way of recording voice to text in one continuous stream.

I thought of using AutoVoice continuous somehow even though it is meant to listen for trigger words and trigger a command - the fact that it's always listening made me wonder if I can use AV Continuous to record a long message into a variable?

Or is there another way to record a long message without having to restart the voice recognition? The point is to achieve this totally hands-free without having to tap the button to restart.

I had even wondered about capturing the toasts from AutoVoice and putting them into a variable.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What you could do is something like this:
    • create a new Task where you set %LongRecognition to 1
    • enable continuous listening
    • have a profile that receives any voice command and only triggers when %LongRecognition is 1. In the task collect the received commands
    • have another profile with a special "end" keyword like "over and out" which will stop continuous listening and send the SMS message with the collected text.
    I think something like this should work :)

3. slim.boy.fat

slim.boy.fat New Member

Hi joao,

Would you be so kind to explaine/show shortly how to collect the received commands, as you stated above?
    I am able to start/stop continuous, but i cannot the heck figure out how to collect them...
    One button starts the continuous mode and a profile is triggered with %AVCONTINUOS ~ true and AutoVoice No Match (Invert: true) -> triggers a new task.
    But which variable do I have to take how in this task to collect all received commands? (%avcomms();%avcommsnofilter() and so on is not working)

thank you very much!
    danny

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  4. joaomgcd

You should setup a profile with the AutoVoice Recognized event condition and leave the filter blank :) That'll match all commands and you'll have the variables. Hope this helps.

5. slim.boy.fat

slim.boy.fat New Member

Great! It works now.
    Thank you very much for your quick response and keep up the good work.
    I really like your apps.

Cheers,

Danny

6. joaomgcd

Awesome :) Glad it works!