AutoVoice AutoVoice doesn't seem to work as demo'd in video's

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Michael Vaughan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Michael Vaughan

Michael Vaughan New Member

I have both the latest tasker and AutoVoice Apps. First, I have an HTC One with Android 5.0.2, NO root! I watched a simple video from google that explains how to create Google Now commands in 30 seconds with NO root required. I followed the steps exactly as said.
    1. Open your phone's Settings app.
    2. Tap "Accessibility."
    3. Tap "AutoVoice Google Now Integration."
    4. Tap the toggle at the top of the screen.
    5. In the dialog that pops up, tap "OK."
    Yes, I have accessibility and it says so in AutoVoice: You can use AutoVoice Google Now Integration (all highlighted in green).

Next:
    1. Open Tasker.
    2. Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Select Event.
    4. Under "Plugin," choose "AutoVoice Recognized."
    5. Tap the edit button next to "Configuration."
    6. Either tap "Command filter" to type in the voice command you want to trigger the event, or tap "Speak filter" to say it aloud. The latter helps make sure Google will recognize it correctly, so we recommend that first.
    7. Tap the check mark at the top of the screen.
    8. Tap the left caret at the top left of the screen to save the Event.
    All very easy. I put in the simple command as Demo'd for "turn on bluetooth". In the video, they backed out of it, and talked to the screen and Voila, it works. BUT, NOT on my phone. It doesn't do anything?? What am I missing to this puzzle?

I say, "OK Google", or "Turn bluetooth on", and nothing happens. Is there something in SETTINGS for AutoVoice that I don't have setup right??

Any help would be appreciated. I also bought the AutoVoice Pro thinking that might be the problem?? It didn't change anything.

Michael Vaughan

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

In the steps you don't mention creating the task where you actually set the bluetooth setting. Did you do that part? :)

3. Michael Vaughan

Yes I did. I put in the task, Bluetooth ON. I have since figured out that I had to create an ICON with the Recognized feature. So, when I push the icon, up comes my little window to speak, then it does what I have programmed. That part is working now. BUT, in the video, they are not pushing anything, they just talk to it. I am assuming that they built a profile that will put it in Continuous Mode. I cannot figure that part out??

In my Profiles, it will not allow continuous, only recognized. But, it will when I create a task? I even tried that, but that failed to work. At least for now it is working with the icon "Recognized". Does continuous only work with certain phones?

Michael Vaughan

4. joaomgcd

If you have the accessibility service enabled then it should also work through Google Now, not just the recognize icon.
    Can you go into AutoVoice->Toasts and Logs->enable command toasts?
    Then try to say a voice command in google now and see if an AutoVoice toast shows up saying that it recognized a command? Sorry for the trouble

5. Michael Vaughan

Well, I'm a little confused. To answer your question, YES.. that works. If I go to Google Now and say a command such as, "OK Google, What time is it". It tells me the time. I also see the Toast. That ALWAYS worked, even without Tasker. What I am talking about, is people in Videos talking to their phone WITHOUT booting up Google Now, and the phone performs the command.

As of now, there's 2 ways that I can get Google to talk.

1) Hit the Recognize icon and say "Google", it then pops up Google Now, and I say "OK Google", "what time is it". OR,
    2) Long press on the home key and Google Now pops up, then I say, "OK Google", "What time is it."

Maybe I am misunderstanding your definition of Google Now. Google Now to me is the page I can say, "OK Google" and it also has the Now Cards. Sorry for the confusion, but all the videos I've seen doesn't show the person booting up Google Now and saying "OK Google..."

6. joaomgcd

Ok, that's a google related setting :)
    Go to google settings->voice-Ok google detection->enable the stuff you want.

Hope this helps!

: autovoice