AutoVoice AutoVoice forward/relay commands from Google Home to Shield TV google assistant

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Fabio Neves, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fabio Neves

Fabio Neves New Member

Hello!

I've bought Tasker and Autovoice with one objective only, use my shield tv google assistant from my Google Home. The Shield TV as you might know, now contain Google Assistant which allows for example to play media from Plex, I want to forward my commands that I tell to my Google Home to the shield TV.

I've installed both tasker and autovoice on the shield and it's receiving the commands, what I don't know is what do I need to create on tasker, to launch google assistant with the voice command I just said (newbie on tasker).

Any help on this? @joaomgcd

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

So, just to be clear, you want to say a command to the google assistant on Google Home and have that command be executed on the Google Assistant on the shield TV?

3. Fabio Neves

Fabio Neves New Member

That's it!

For example:
    • On the Shield TV I can say to the Google Assistant "Play Stranger Things on Plex", and it'll play without any problem
    • If I do this from my google home, it'll tell me that that feature is not supported, so I want to say "Hey Google, ask autovoice to Play Stranger Things on Plex" and execute %voicecommand on Google Assistant on the shield, this way it's like I'm speaking directly to the shield
    Basically, like you said pass the command to the google assistant on the shield that I've said to my Google Home, exactly like I said it :)

Thanks!

: autovoice