AutoVoice AutoVoice not detecting Play button press

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by wiser, May 9, 2015.

1. wiser

wiser New Member

Hi,
    I have a Nexus 7 2013 and rooted KitKat 4.4.4. When I press the Play button on my Victsing Link485 it is not detected by AutoVoice. I played around with a bunch of bluetooth headset button remapper apps like Smart Bluetooth Headset with no luck. Then I tried Headset Bluetooth Controller which did intercept the Play button and pop up a menu like it's supposed to. I didn't want this app but I wanted to see if any app could detect and intercept the play button from the Victsing in case it was the Victsing that was the problem.

I've looked at my defaults and nothing seems to be wrong. I have picked selected the phone profile for the device in bluetooth settings. I need the media profile for my car receiver.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and the reason I am trying to do this is that I want to be able to use the Victsing as a microphone in my car for voice control of my tablet. The built in mic can't cope with the car noise.

Thanks for Tasker and the ecosystem - I use it and a bunch of the Auto* apps all the time.

A.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    Unfortunately AutoVoice wasn't built to handle media buttons like the play button. That is whole other field that I didn't want to go into with AutoVoice. For now AutoVoice only handles the BT button of non-media BT headsets. I have another app though (it's still in Alpha) that I created to solve this issue: AutoMediaButtons.

Hope this clarifies it.

3. wiser

wiser New Member

OK thanks. I look forward to trying it out.