AutoWear Autowear cannot open Google Pay

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scae, Apr 21, 2020.

1. scae

scae Member

Hi, is there any reason the autowear app action cannot open Google Pay? It can open any other app that I try, including system apps (all simply by app name).
    I've confirmed the autowear launcher app (in this case 'Action') is opening by firing a command which triggers as flash on phone and used it to open other apps without issue.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I don't know. Do you know if it's a system app? If so, do you maybe have other system apps you can try and see if it has the same behaviour?

3. scae

scae Member

The watch seperates user apps and system apps. Google Pay appears to be a user app. I managed to open Phone with Autowear, which is definitely a system app, as well as opening several user apps.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I see. Does anything relevant appear on the watch logs in the main AutoWear app on your phone?

5. scae

scae Member

Hi, no nothing in the logs relevant to opening apps.
    I did notice that the screen still turns on - so the action is definitely firing. And if I try in a random (non existant) name in the app name field I get the same effect (screen on, nothing else happens). So I must be getting the app name wrong - perhaps Google Pay is not a part of the main google app...
    I tried by app package too, but that didn't work either.
    It's a mystery (and a bit disappointing).

: autowear