AutoVoice AV Recognize as notification not working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by pikasso85, Apr 12, 2015.

1. pikasso85

pikasso85 New Member

Hi,

since a few days I have a strange problem and I can't figure out why this suddenly happens.
    When I run the AutoVoice-Recognize action from Tasker with the option "Hide Dialog" enabled, the usual notification shows up, but there is no beep to indicate AV listening and in fact, AV isn't listening. When I pull down the notification bar, the beep is played and AV is listening.
    I noticed this a few days ago and this hasn't been happening before. I can't figure out why this happens.
    I already tried re-installing AutoVoice but this didn't help. Restarting my phone (Galaxy S4) doesn't solve the problem.

Do you have any idea why this happens or which other app could be interfering with AV?

Thank you

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I think that is happening with the latest version of the Google app. I think it won't allow other apps to start voice recognition as long as it (or its launcher) is in the foreground. For example, if you start voice recognition while inside another app it'll probably work, right?

3. pikasso85

pikasso85 New Member

Your right, this is the problem. The interesting thing is, that I am cancelling the Google popup anyways and only after that launch the AV-Recognize action. So this shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
    Turn out it's caused by the launcher I'm using (Nova). Novas "OK Google" support somehow keeps it active. After disabling OkGoogle-support in Nova, it works as it should and I still can use "ok google" to start voice recog, which AFAIK wasn't possible before.

Thanks for your replay and the great support your offering!