AutoInput Can AutoInput activate an action after X amount of keypress down time?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by crapples, Mar 19, 2018.

1. crapples

crapples New Member

I'm trying to create a task using AI, whereby it will perform a task after 1.5 seconds of the back button being long pressed.

Problem is, I can't seem to get the task to fire unless I stop holding the back button.

So, I'm assuming, with the task I set up, in order for the variable to set, a button up action is required? Can AI perform a task on longpress without the need of a button up action?

Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

This is the task I followed, which I found on Reddit.

Code (Text):
    PROFILE:
    AutoInput Key Event > Volume Down
      Type: Both (Up and Down)

LINK TO TASK:
    A1. If %aikeyaction ~ 0

A2. Variable Set: %Press_Time  To: %TIMEMS

A3. Else If %aikeyaction ~ 1

A5.  Variable Set: %difference  To: %TIMEMS - %Press_Time   Do Maths: On

A6. Flash "Long Press Detected!"  If  %difference > 1500

A7  End If

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Yes, the task should also run when you press the button down. Maybe you can add a flash action at the start of the task to verify this?

3. crapples

crapples New Member

Thanks for the response.

I did test it with a flash action. However, If I keep my finger down on the backbutton, the only way the task will fire is after 4 seconds, which I assume is when the buttons time out.

AI actions seem to be dependent on the variable being set. And it appears the variable cannot get set unless a buttonup action is received.

I'm trying to get the task to fire without the need to lift your finger off the backbutton, similar to how Android activates a menu when longpressing a button for about 1.2 seconds.

4. joaomgcd

Can you please try with this one?

5. crapples

crapples New Member

Thank you. That appears to work. I changed the event to trigger off the back key, and it works.

By default, it seems to fire after nearly 4 seconds of longpressing. I changed the count from 2 to 1, and that seems to get it to fire after about 3 seconds.

Is there a method of editing it so it can fire after a precise amount of time?

Thanks again.

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately no because Tasker plugins will take an unknown amount of time to respond. Sorry!

7. crapples

crapples New Member

I see. Thanks again, this works.

: autoinput