AutoInput Can AutoInput be used without Tasker

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by himself, Sep 7, 2016.

1. himself

himself New Member

Can AutoInput be used without Tasker?
    In other words, can I start AutoVoice and send it intents to cause it to perform some input action, say like "Back"?
    If so, is there documentation for the available intents?
    I ask because if so, I won't have to write an Accessiblity service myself.

Regards,
    Jim

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That's not possible right now, sorry. AutoVoice also can't send intents right now to other apps. How were you thinking of implementing that part?

3. himself

himself New Member

Actually I was wondering if AutoInput could receive intents.

Let me explain.

I have built voice driven home and RV automation systems.

They consist of 3 services and a set of purpose built apps and apps available from the Play Store.

The voice service is based on PocketSphinx for keyword spotting and the Google Voice Input intent is used to get the content of the utterance. This can be done both on and offline. The other services are a command service which handles the interpretation of the utterance and a function specific (Home or RV) service.

The services and my apps communicate via broadcast intents but the store apps are just targets of StartActivity.

I can do most everything I need to do except say, for example, "computer, exit" because I can't end another app unrooted.

I was hoping I could install AutoInput standalone and send it an Intent that causes it to exit the foreground app .

I know I can write an Accessibility service to do Global_Action_Back, but at 75 I don't really need to learn another protocol.

BTW, you have created a great set of apps, but I was too far along to incorporate them in what I am doing.

Regards,
    Jim

4. joaomgcd

In that situation I would just use Tasker to receive whatever intents you wanted from your apps and then use AutoInput there. :) I think it would be a much more flexible solution. You can even make it all variable based so it's dynamic.

Hope this helps!

5. himself

himself New Member

I have the problem solved.

Yesterday I wrote a little AccessibilityService service that handles an inbound intent and then issues the appropriate PerformGlobalAction.

This approach also allows for functional expansion into other accessibility areas.

I very much appreciate the timely support.

Regards,
    Jim

6. joaomgcd

Glad you solved it :)