AutoInput Can autoinput trigger profile on code rather than codename?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I have 2 buttons on my remote that give a code number but not a codename in tasker (using autoinput). Typically I have created profiles using events based on codename and can't see how to have them based on the code number. Thinking those buttons can't be utilised in tasker but still hoping.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you select no key in the input of the condition then in the task you can create an If condition with the keycode :) Hope this helps

Pete_Repeat likes this.
  3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

Oh great. Makes sense now you pointed that out.

Profile triggered on all buttons, and the linked task has an if statement that only acts on that key code.

I'll give this a go once I'm back at the media box.

Thankyou.

4. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

All my other button press profiles have their independent codenames as a trigger/condition/event for their respective profile.

Should I put all of them inside this same profile that is triggered off all buttons using "else if" statements in a single task?

Or is there no harm in leaving them in their own profile and tasks?

I'd prefer to keep all buttons presses having independent profiles/tasks but not sure if it affects the reliability.

5. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

In case it wasn't clear.

I have 6 remote buttons I'm changing their function for on my media box.

Each button has its own profile and task. I like this as some buttons also have another additional condition for the profile to be true.

But when adding this new profile that is true on all button presses (but the task only makes changes to the chosen button action) there will be more than one profile/task activated on a single button press. There is no conflict, just they will run in parallel which is what I am not so sure is the most reliable.

My car Bluetooth buttons however have all buttons in one task, but I prefer them seperate like I have made on my media box if it doesn't cause problems.

6. joaomgcd

I think you'll have no issues with 6 different profiles :) I think you can keep those.

Pete_Repeat likes this.
  7. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

Great. Tasker just gets better and better.... Oh hang on, I forgot I'm in the autoinput/autoapps forum huh.

I've been using autoinput a lot and without this plugin tasker would have missed a lot of function for me. The cost for both these apps has easily paid off

8. joaomgcd

Glad I could help! :)

: Autoinput, Code, Name