Tasker Can I do the following with these apps?

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by CurioCT, Mar 21, 2019.

1. CurioCT

CurioCT New Member

So I bought Tasker years ago after many great recommendations but never really found something I needed enough to warrant the extra apps running in background but since I have a brand new phone and was browsing the 'must have apps' I was reminded of Tasker and I do currently have a problem I think these apps might resolve.

So before I go through all the learning required to make it happen can someone tell me if I should be able to achieve what I want with these apps? and if I need more than just Tasker as I notice there are several accompanying apps now.

The Problem - I am forced to use the outlook app for android by corporate policy and it's snooze functionality on calendar reminders is awful so whilst I'll see the initial reminder 15minutes before the meeting I will often miss the start because there is a lack of a decent snooze function on the app and such snooze as there is can easily be accidentally dismissed when you are attempting to set it especially if driving etc

The task I would like to automate - I would like something to see a new outlook calendar notification take a preset alarm (which I would set up with the required tone and preset snoozes) or the apps could write from scratch I suppose (but that seems overkill), change the time on it to five minutes after the initial notification and activate that alarm so 5 minutes later it goes off again.

So is this possible? how complex would it be as a first project? and do I need other apps?
    The alarm idea seems the best way to achieve what I want but if someone has a more elegant idea I am all ears :)

Lots of questions I know but if you have the time any suggestion on where I would be best looking to start this project would also be appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hhmm, to clarify, the final objective is to snooze the notification for 5 minutes? :)

3. CurioCT

CurioCT New Member

five minute increments up to and perhaps 1 past the deadline I guess? but I figured that if I used an alarm those settings could be entirely down the to the actual alarm?

The problem is that the app itself only has snooze in 15 minute increments and you have to do the partial swipe to reach settings in the notification tray to reach this.

I have another issue these might be able to help with the 'caller id and spam protection' in call setting turns off with no notice a poll to check and if necessary reset that would also be useful could tasker handle that? or to one to turn wifi calling on for specific ssid's only? (starting to properly think what might be useful before I learn the apps properly) :)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, to do the snooze check out the AutoNotification Snooze action :) That can be used to easily snooze it for any time you want!

5. CurioCT

CurioCT New Member

Cheers