AutoRemote cannot connect. please try again later: phone_registration_error

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by sbailey8772, Feb 3, 2016.

1. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

Hello,

Started having issues with Autoremote and Autonotifications after the last Android update from Verizon about a month ago. Autoremote would stop sending and receiving with no errors in the logs, Autonotifications would do the same as well as the app would just crash and get the popup that the app has stopped working.

Last night for Autoremote I unchecked the active for Autoremote settings and received “Sorry, couldn’t unregister autoremote. Can you try again.” message. When I re-enable it I get “cannot connect. please try again later: phone_registration_error” on the main page of Autoremote app. In the log it keeps repeating "getting device key" and then "device key is here". I power cycled my phone and that did not help either. Please let me know how to resolve. Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try re-installing AutoRemote from Google Play? Sorry for the trouble.

3. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

Tried it, also cleared cache and data before uninstalling and reinstalling. Still saying cannot connect. please try again later: phone_registration_error. Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

Can you please try clearing data for Google Play Services and try again?

5. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

there is no clear data for Google Play Services, there is clear cache and I did that and uninstalled and reinstalled. same error.
    Should I try for Google Play Store too? Thanks!

6. joaomgcd

But there's a manage data option for google play services, isn't there? I don't think Google Play Store would have any influence on this....

7. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

It does, did not realize clear data was under manage data. I cleared the data and did uninstall and reinstall and still same error.
    it does get a new personal URL for a short time, about 5 -10 seconds and goes back to cannot connect error and the logs repeating "getting device key" and then "device key is here"

8. joaomgcd

Sorry about that. I've read on the web that you should try removing your google account from your phone and then re-add it. Sorry, wish I could help

9. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

removed and re-add google account, same issue. if this is not a app issue who would I need to go to? Thanks!

10. joaomgcd

Seems to be an issue associated with your device :( Unfortunately your guess is as good as mine! I understand if you need a refund for the app

11. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

if I do a factory reset do you think it would clear the issue? I really need to get this working, I use the apps a lot. Thanks!

12. joaomgcd

Yes, I would think that it would, although I can't promise it will. By the way, can you please try if Join works for you? http://joaoapps.com/join/

13. sbailey8772

sbailey8772 New Member

Hello, I did a factory wipe on the 11th and all is good with AutoRemote now. Was good with AutoNotification not crashing but started crashing again. Will open a new post under AutoNotification.

Thanks!

: Autoremote