AutoRemote Can't get target filter to work

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by vbs, Jun 17, 2016.

  1. vbs

    vbs New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am new to AutoRemote and currently I fail to get the target filter (in Advanced) to work. I recreated the original scenario as mentioned in the Getting started guide. But the target option does seem to have no effect at all for me :(

    This is what I did:
    1. Created two tasker profiles (New Task -> State -> AutoRemote)
    2. For the first profile I set "Message filter" to "home" and target to "target1"
    3. For the second profile I set "Message filter" to "sleep" and target to "target2"
    Now I send a message via my personal page: Message "home" and target "target1". Now the home profile gets active as expected.
    Now when I send another message with message "sleep" and target "target2" the sleep profile gets activated (also as expected). BUT the home profile gets deactivated now. I would have expected that I could enable both profiles at the same time when using different values as target, but whatever I try I can only activate home profile OR sleep profile but not both It behaves exactly like there is no target option at all.

    Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for advice!

    EDIT:
    I just want to add that when I send the message the toast for incoming messages correctly says "Received message from Unknown: Text: "sleep" Target: "target2"". So it looks like the message is coming in as expected.
     
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. vbs

    vbs New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Today I tried this again but still no luck using the target filter. :(

    Could anyone give me hint please where I am wrong?
     
  3. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    9,476
    Likes Received:
    797
    Hi there, thanks for the report. Unfortunately I fear the target feature might be broken right now. Until I fix it you can try a workaround:
    • Have a profile with an AutoRemote condition that has a command filter like mode=:=
    • In the task set %Mode to %arcomm
    • Have 2 extra profiles: one for when %Mode is home and another for when %Mode is sleep
    • Send messages like mode=:=home and mode=:=sleep to enable each one.
    Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
     
  4. vbs

    vbs New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for your answer!
    Good to know that target is not working at the moment, so I can stop fiddling with it :)

    Your described workaround is exactly what I am doing currently and it works for me. It is just a bit more work and a bit confusing to look at it later :) Also I have another problem with Tasker (unrelated to AutoRemote) and I thought it might have to do with my several "Set Var"-tasks.

    If it is not too much work for you it would be great to have that "target"-filter working though cause it makes state contexts easier. Thanks alot!
     
  5. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    9,476
    Likes Received:
    797
    Thank you! :) This feature is so rarely used that I've had no other complaints about it :D I'll look at it and try to fix it. thanks!
     
: target

Share This Page