Open Can't see contacts from desktop

Discussion in 'Join' started by john4321, Jan 24, 2016.

1. john4321

john4321 New Member

Perhaps I have missed something in the FAQ, but I can't see phone contacts from the desktop app. SMS works fine, both pusghed to desktop and sent from desktop, but no display of phone contacts .. only see incoming text phone numbers in lists, and can't search on contacts from desktop by contact name. Doing something dumb?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Can you please run diagnostics on your phone and check the SMS info item? Thanks in advance

3. john4321

john4321 New Member

first, understand that while I'm something of a techie, I'm probably not the kind of expert you may need to help. But here's what I see: Running "Start Tests" on my phone, all the tests all pass with a green check. The SMS Info line says: "Get Contact and SMS info: Success! Got 755 contacts, 55last smes, 270total smes (10 max for each contact)"

After that, I went back to desktop, and there is no change. Still get repeated "Contacts not yet available" ... and that is definitely the case. All recent SMS messages show up on desktop, but only with phone numbers, not names from contacts. Trying to write a new sms works, but typing in a name to use as a recipient doesn't work.

4. joaomgcd

Thank you. If you go into Google Drive->Join Files->From (device name)->SMS Files do you see a file that starts with "contacts=:="?

5. john4321

john4321 New Member

6. joaomgcd

Can you please disable and re-enable the SMS feature in the app's Settings->Services? Thanks!

: contacts