Can't Fix Can't send Hangouts message via Tasker to non G+ contact?

Discussion in 'Touchless Chat' started by Rohaq, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Rohaq

Rohaq New Member

I've got a friend who uses Hangouts, but doesn't have a Google+ page, instead just using their Google Apps account and associated email address.

I set up a Tasker task to send them a specific message, however I get a voice error stating "<contact> doesn't have Hangouts information. Make sure you enable Hangouts contact syncing in the Google Plus app." (which I've already done!).

Their contact record has their email address, and I even tried setting the IM entry for Hangouts/Google Talk in their record too.

I'm guessing that Touchless Chat immediately fails if it can't find a G+ account for a contact - is there any way to make it fall back to the IM->Hangouts/Google Talk field in these cases, or some method of checking if their email address has Hangouts associated with it?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that's the only way google allows you to directly open a contact chat on hangouts: with the G+ connection. Until they change the way the contacts sync unfortunately there's nothing I can do... sorry!

3. Rohaq

Rohaq New Member

Dang, that's a shame.

Back to trying to figure out how to disable screen presses, wake and unlock the device, then send it via AutoInput before locking/sleeping the device and enabling screen presses again.