Open Can't send MMS/Group Messages

Discussion in 'Join' started by Justin W, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Justin W

Justin W New Member

Hey! Love the app. I can't seem to send MMS/Group messages. I just get a generic unknown error from the Chrome extension, and the web app. SMS seems to work fine though. I've tried various SMS apps to see if that was the issue but even the stock one produces the same error.
    Verizon Wireless Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.0.1, Security patch level January 1, 2017

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for your feedback!
    Can you send MMS messages with no issues from your local messaging apps? Thanks!

3. Justin W

Justin W New Member

Yes, I can send MMS issues locally no problem. I can actually receive MMS messages via Join but just not send them. I get a generic error.

4. joaomgcd

How is your MMS provider configured? Are you using Project Fi by any chance?

5. Justin W

Justin W New Member

It's Verizon Wireless in the US - Outside of that I don't know any other configurations. I'd be happy to look it up if you want something else more specific though

6. joaomgcd

Can you check if you have an access point for MMS configured in your mobile settings? thanks!

7. Justin W

Justin W New Member

The only access point I see in "Access Point Names" is Verizon Internet - VZWINTERNET - MCC-311, MNC-480, APN Type-default,dun,supl

Let me know if that helps or you want me to dig around for more settings :)

8. joaomgcd

Thanks! The reason I mentioned those settings is because the only way I can get it to do that same "generic error" for me is if I remove my SIM card from my phone where I send MMS from.

You don't happen to have another phone that you can test this on, do you? Unfortunately "Generic error" is all I get from the Android OS as well, so I don't have much to go by to help you.

Thanks again!