AutoWear Change Brightness setting through Tasker

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by FrankieZun, Aug 6, 2018.

1. FrankieZun

FrankieZun New Member

Hi,

I've been using Tasker with various plugins for a while for different project but when I recently bought the Ticwatch E, I obviously had to get AutoWear to further experiment with Tasker and its plugins.

The Ticwatch E lacks a light sensor which means that you manually have to change the brightness of the screen on the watch when you're in bright light for example. However, I thought I could make a very simple Tasker-profile to at least simplify this a bit. The idea is that when I'm connected to WiFi, I want the watch to use the lowest brightness setting possible and when I'm not connected to WiFi, the brightness setting should be the highest setting possible. I thought I could create two separate profiles with two correspoding tasks for this which would solve the problem. My solution thus is:

Profile 1:
    State - WiFi Connected
    Task 1:
    Plugin - AutoWear - AutoWear Settings - Brightness - Set device's screen brightness to 51.

Profile 2:
    State - WiFi Not Connected
    Task 2:
    Plugin - AutoWear - AutoWear Settings - Brightness - Set device's screen brightness to 255.

This solution doesn't seem to work as the screen remains at the lowest brightness when WiFi disconnects. I've also tried using Task 2 as an exit-task for Profile 1 but still doesn't work. Would using a Command to Execute (in AutoWear) be a way of tackling this? Any thoughts on how this could be solved would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your question!

Does it work if you manually run each of those tasks?

3. FrankieZun

FrankieZun New Member

Thanks for replying!

It's worked a few times when I've run the tasks manually but just sometimes. I've managed to get the profiles to work a few times but it's not a stable solution. I can see that Tasker recognizes when the WiFi is on or off but it is as if the watch doesn't receive the info from the phone. When I go into Tasker and turn on/off the WiFi manually, the profiles seems to work but it just isn't functioning as often as one would like.

I'm using a Oneplus 3 where I've turned off battery optimization for both Tasker and AutoWear to make sure they are not killed to save battery.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member