Open Chrome extension background stopped working

Discussion in 'Join' started by baikunz, May 12, 2018.

1. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi,

Few days ago I noticed that the chrome extension started acting weird. Notifications were not showing up reliably. I missed a few SMS and started looking what was wrong.
    I started to inspect the popup, but nothing was showing up. With the inspector open, I tried sent a SMS to myself but nothing happened until I hit the refresh button on the popup.

It seems that the background task is not running properly. Moreover, sometimes, when I open the popup for the first time, the interface is not responsive to my clicks. I have to close it and open it once again to get it working.

If it can help, I'm using chrome beta, which is currently chrome 67 I've looked into the changes for this version (https://www.chromestatus.com/features/schedule) but I can't find anything that could prevent the extension from working.

Thanks for helping !

EDIT: Btw, I have a deprecation warning on the popup (Deprecation] Styling master document from stylesheets defined in HTML Imports is deprecated. Please refer to https://goo.gl/EGXzpw for possible migration paths.) But I don't see how this could be related.

EDIT2: Well, I've made some tests to narrow down the scope of the issue and it seems pushes actually works. It's just SMS's notifications that fails to come in.
    It seems that there are 2 distinct issues there:
    - The popup is not reactive on first open, I have to open it twice to use it.
    - SMS's notifications don't show up, however the the messages still arrives if I refresh the UI.
    I also checked the console for the background task, nothing special here.
    So it's seems the issue is related to the interface rather than the backend.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for the report! Just to see if it works, does it help if you remove the extension and install it again? :) Thanks

3. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi, Yep already tried that. Didn't work :( In fact things got worse because I removed the extension while still being connected, so when I reinstalled it again it asked me to connect, but since I was already connected it was linked to the same account twice for the same device, so, multiple drive files etc.
    I had to clean up the whole thing, but still does not work :(

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that. Just to confirm, can you send for example a push to open a web page in chrome?

5. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi,

Yes everything works just fine except for the SMS's. And the fact that I have to open the popup twice.