Diagnostics on phone pass fine. Diagnostics on Chrome extension fail at: "Sending Push to server... Success! Receiving Push from server... Didn't receive push after 5 seconds: Try the steps mentioned in the FAQ here Receiving Push with GCM key... Didn't receive push after 5 seconds: Try the steps mentioned in the FAQ here Comparing GCM keys... Success! Testing popups... Success!" Tried deleting the extension and then reinstalling, but this had no effect. chrome://gcm-internals/ shows "GCM Connected" on the phone and "Connected" on the Chrome extension. Unsure what to try next... (Edit) After some testing, the issue seems to be with encryption (I was using it). With encryption enabled, the issues I mentioned above are present. You can push from the Chrome extension to other devices (and the pushes appear), but you cannot push from devices to the Chrome extension (the pushes vanish, and aren't delivered). I then disabled encryption entirely, and everything works as it should. All diagnostics pass on both ends, and all is fine. When encryption is again enabled (I used simply "1" to test), the above issues return, and the Chrome extension diagnostics fail with the error I mentioned above. For now it seems you need to disable encryption until this issue is resolved. (Edit 2) After further further testing, even with encryption disabled, forwarded app notifications (such as texts and emails) do not appear in the Chrome extension. Pushed tabs from a Chrome browser do, however.