Open Chrome extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by Stefano, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Hi,

I am having hard time setting up the chrome extension. I have 3 different pcs (2 with the same google account, 1 with a different main account but the same secondary account). Well I cant let them see all the others...there is always at least one chrome missing... is there anyway to force the detection of some device? something like you did with autoremote, for example?

Thank you

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The Chrome extension won't show itself on the device list. Maybe that's what's throwing you off? :)

3. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Hello,
    so I have been trying to understand the issue and maybe now I could be much more helpful.
    The situation is this: I have 3 chromes (laptop, work, house) and several devices (my smartphone, my tablet, my tv, my mom's smartphone, my dad's smartphone...), and 3 (and more) different gmail accounts. 1 account is in common to everyone in my family and lets called it "mieiandroids". Everyone has its own personal account: for me is Stefano@gmail, my dad had dad@ and so on... Although I should have used the sharing function I preferred to log in to mieiandroids account, with your app, everywhere. Now, all the devices have no problem at all. As soon as I add another device, after refreshing it is very well recognised from the others. The situation is different with chromes. In chrome, my primary account is, let s say" "america@gmail" -because I need google voice extension always working- but I need your chrome extension to be logged in as "mieiandroids" (otherwise I dont recognise any of all my devices). So IF i keep this situation, everytime I add a device the extension doesn't update at all. To update I need to: log out from chrome setting, uninstall you extension, install your extension back and log with it in as mieiandroids. The extension updates the list of devices and it works marvellously. However, I need to log out from setting as "mieiandroids" and log in back as "america" (otherwise google voice extension will be working with "mieiandroids" account, not with "america" one -so different phone number, contacts etc-). After that, the first time I press your extension it asks me to log in again, and I am able to choose in the list "mieiandroids" account (this is what I should need everytime) and then everything works fine; HOWEVER, when I close chrome and reopen it again, your extension doesn't ask me any credentials (I presume it uses the main one, not "mieiandroids"), and it s just not working anymore: I can still see the list of the devices, but It doens't update in case a new ne is added or deleted, and doesn't send any commands or require location...
    In my understanding, I think the problem could be solved being able to choose which account to log in, everytime chrome is started. Do you think this is possible?
    ps: the figure of the little man on the top left of your extension, is not working. I thought it could be related with some user accounts, but even touching it nothing changes.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016